Directions

Our latest entry always comes up first...

Click this link if you want to start at the beginning of our trip from
South Carolina (where we bought the boat) to Lake Ontario Click this link:

If you want to see the story of our 2 1/2 year project getting
Blowin' Bubbles ready for our life on board click here:
FIRST "REFIT" BLOG ENTRY - March 2011

If you want to start at the beginning of our trip:
START OF TRIP - July 2014
2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Monday, February 4, 2013

Sewing Practice....

In an attempt to get some practice sewing with our new sewing machine BEFORE we attempt to make our dodger, I took on 4 projects over the last few days.

The first project was to make a cover for our life raft:  This will protect it from the elements but not interfere with it being deployed if necessary.



The second job was to make 2 covers for our 4 spare fuel tanks.  We have 3, 5 gallon yellow diesel Jerry cans and 1 red one for gasoline.  The covers will again protect the containers from u/v rays and other nasty's...



The third project was to make a satchel for the hoses used with the diesel polisher.



My last project was to make a holder for spare filters for the diesel polisher...



1 comment:

  1. What a professional job on this beautiful fuel polisher Kyle. The satchel is a great idea. I will adapt that for mine, but as my whole assmbly is smaller than yours, I think everything including spare filters will be put in one carying bag. Thanks for ANOTHER project in my brain:( (just kidding, I love cluttering my brain with new ideas)

    ReplyDelete