Directions

Our latest entry always comes up first...

Click this link if you want to start at the beginning of our trip from
South Carolina (where we bought the boat) to Lake Ontario Click this link:

If you want to see the story of our 2 1/2 year project getting
Blowin' Bubbles ready for our life on board click here:
FIRST "REFIT" BLOG ENTRY - March 2011

If you want to start at the beginning of our trip:
START OF TRIP - July 2014
2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Re-built Shower.... AMAZING!!!!

A few months ago I "finished" building a new shower stall just off the forward head (bathroom)....  When my brother in law (Denis, who is a flooring/tile guy) saw it he tried to be polite, but clearly he thought the job I did with flooring on the walls, well.... SUCKED!...

Yesterday morning he showed up at my house (he lives in Sudbury, 5 hours away) at 7:30 with coffee and some awesome wall board material called Altro Whiterock.  Together we spent a few hours yesterday and I spent a few more hours today, making the shower stall look AMAZING!....





FINISHED!





I also used some of the leftover material to build a shield over all the wiring in the electrical closet to protect everything from getting damaged if something moves...  I also made a cover for the AC connection box...



As soon as we have a day with no rain in the forecast I will get the bottom painted... Then I can start to clean up the boat and get it ready to launch in the spring... I only have a few welding jobs left to finish then we can clean the boat thoroughly and then put some of our stuff away....

No comments:

Post a Comment