Directions

Our latest entry always comes up first...

Click this link if you want to start at the beginning of our trip from
South Carolina (where we bought the boat) to Lake Ontario Click this link:

If you want to see the story of our 2 1/2 year project getting
Blowin' Bubbles ready for our life on board click here:
FIRST "REFIT" BLOG ENTRY - March 2011

If you want to start at the beginning of our trip:
START OF TRIP - July 2014
2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Just ONCE I Would Like Something To Go Without A Hitch!!!!!

So do you remember the other day when I was SO happy that the primer was down....

Well Today I spent most of my time RE-SANDING the primer because the idiot (me) who originally sanded the epoxy sealer didn't put on didn't sand it well enough and the primer refused to stick.... Grrrrr.




Now I just hope I have enough primer left over to touch up the places that I sanded....

I also got most of the bootstrap sanded....


We will see how things go tomorrow...

Yesterday I finally purchased the track that I need for the main mast. This track will be in place for the storm tri-sail. This means that it will be left at the bottom of the mast in a sail bag and can be raised with having to remove the regular mainsail.... Good thing too, cause' when a storm is rolling in I really don't want to be fooling around folding and stowing the mainsail....

One last thing, I contacted the paint company today and found out that I can  paint one coat of bottom paint now and apply the second one in the spring... That is if I ever get the primer sorted out....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment