Directions

Our latest entry always comes up first...

Click this link if you want to start at the beginning of our trip from
South Carolina (where we bought the boat) to Lake Ontario Click this link:

If you want to see the story of our 2 1/2 year project getting
Blowin' Bubbles ready for our life on board click here:
FIRST "REFIT" BLOG ENTRY - March 2011

If you want to start at the beginning of our trip:
START OF TRIP - July 2014
2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Friday, May 18, 2012

A Day of Small Jobs....

Today I got a bunch of small jobs done. First, in the pilot house (main salon) I got the port and starboard curtains installed.
















Then Shelley came and we went to the new restaurant close to where the boat is. It was a nice break....





After lunch Shelley went to work and I sanded the the transom (back of the boat) It is now ready to paint. I also started to sand the teak gunnels but decided that it was too hot to finish.

The last couple of jobs were in the galley where I cut and installed some shelves for the cupboards then I repaired the gas valve on the oven. When we tested it the other week, we found that gas was leaking out around the valve... It looks like I have it fixed now...

We found out today that the replacement plexiglass windows for the front of the pilot house are at K-W Glass. We will pick them up this weekend.

Monday is a holiday here in Canada, so we will go to our mailbox where we will pick up our new (to us) drogue, storm sail and our new sewing machine.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment