Directions

Our latest entry always comes up first...

Click this link if you want to start at the beginning of our trip from
South Carolina (where we bought the boat) to Lake Ontario Click this link:

If you want to see the story of our 2 1/2 year project getting
Blowin' Bubbles ready for our life on board click here:
FIRST "REFIT" BLOG ENTRY - March 2011

If you want to start at the beginning of our trip:
START OF TRIP - July 2014
2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Back Cabin is Coming Along.....

Today my father-in-law yet again, did a great job finishing the bed in the aft cabin.... The next time he comes we will try to get things together on the walls...


Yesterday Shelley ordered new mattresses for the double bed in the aft cabin and the 2 bunks, amidship. The are made up with regular and memory foam glued together. We bought them from the same company in Michigan that made the foam to replace the outside cushions on our old boat. Yet again, we are thankful for our US mailbox, they offer free shipping to a US address and charge $200 to ship to Canada...
Today I found some time to re-cover the panels that my son and I cleaned up the other night... I think They look GREAT!
Before:

After:

On Monday this week I purchased a used scuba compressor for $1000 on Craig's List. I was a little worried about finding spare parts for it, until I found this really neat guy in Kansas who sold me a spare head unit and all the filters I will need to make breathable air for scuba diving... Another $600 that now gets us up and running for less than half the cost of a new one... Yippee!
One last purchase today was at the metal supermarket where I purchased aluminum U channel and 4" aluminum cover plate. I will install all of this on the ceiling of the aft cabin to run the hydraulic lines and wires to the binnacle...
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed rea power Proding. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    ReplyDelete