Directions

Our latest entry always comes up first...

Click this link if you want to start at the beginning of our trip from
South Carolina (where we bought the boat) to Lake Ontario Click this link:

If you want to see the story of our 2 1/2 year project getting
Blowin' Bubbles ready for our life on board click here:
FIRST "REFIT" BLOG ENTRY - March 2011

If you want to start at the beginning of our trip:
START OF TRIP - July 2014
2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Sunday, July 31, 2011

A New Helm Seat....

Today I finished putting down the fairing epoxy. When that was complete I started what may be the first "improvement" project. The helm seat on this boat is too short for someone to actually sit at when at the helm. The previous owner added a bucket seat on a short pedestal. We found on the way home from South Carolina last summer it was not suitable for our needs, so we decided the take off the seat that was there and "raise" the existing helm pedestal. In the space that we created we have now installed the plumbing for a fresh water shower on the aft deck. I think that it will look great when it is all finished. After I took these pictures, I fiberglassed this area where you see the wood. Tomorrow I will put in some filler epoxy and get it ready to paint... It got really hot today, and when I started to get a little dizzy, I figured it was time to quit.



Tomorrow I promised to help Shelley clean an office, and she has promised to help me at the boat.  I think that is a pretty good deal...  Shelley hasn't had much time to work on the boat as she is working almost full time at the LCBO (government liquor store).  We are really appreciating the extra money this is contributing to these projects that just keep costing more and more money...

No comments:

Post a Comment