Directions

Our latest entry always comes up first...

Click this link if you want to start at the beginning of our trip from
South Carolina (where we bought the boat) to Lake Ontario Click this link:

If you want to see the story of our 2 1/2 year project getting
Blowin' Bubbles ready for our life on board click here:
FIRST "REFIT" BLOG ENTRY - March 2011

If you want to start at the beginning of our trip:
START OF TRIP - July 2014
2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Friday, June 17, 2011

Thinks Are Moving...Slowly... But Moving...

I started today by driving to Waterloo to pick up 2 sheets of marine grade plywood...  Are you ready for this....  $254.00 for 2 sheets!  Oh well at least even if this stuff gets wet, the glue is suppose to be waterproof so there should be no more rot... 



 With the 2 sheets tied to the roof of the Jeep I went to a parishioner, Arnie's farm where he has a great wood shop...  I used his table saw and his radial arm saw and cut one of the two sheets into small squares of wood... 2x3, 3x3, 1x3 etc. While I was there he offered to lend me a small pot bellied stove to heat the trailer this winter... After getting the OK from the person who owns the trailer, I will put it and a chimney in.


From there I spent the rest of the day at the boat epoxying in some of those squares into the aft section of the deck...  I think it is looking good...  The next job will be to re-core the lazarette doors and re skin the aft deck... That will be the first of 5 sections repaired...  The remaining sections will be the cockpit, the starboard side, the port side then the foredeck...


Today a man came by from a hydraulics company and has agreed to look at the steering system and the auto-helm pump that is not working...  as soon as I get a chance, I will be removing both helms and the pump for the auto-helm...  At that time I will drain the hydraulic system and get everything in that area fixed up..

No comments:

Post a Comment